Complaints Policy


< Back to policies & procedures

give feedback


We welcome constructive feedback from our patients. The positive, because it is encouraging to know when patients feel we do well, and the negative so that we can look at what we need to do to put things right.

The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is an important feedback tool that supports the fundamental principle that people who use NHS services should have the opportunity to provide feedback on their experience. Find out more about the Friends and Family Test

To give us feedback please select one of the options below:

You can also share your experiences with Healthwatch Oxfordshire, the county’s independent health and social care watchdog.

Making a complaint

We always try to give you the best service possible, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened.

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned. Where you are not able to resolve your complaint this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing, as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days. This helps us to establish what happened more easily.

We will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days, and aim to have looked into the matter within 10 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue. If the matter is likely to take longer than this we will let you know, and keep you informed as the investigation progresses.

If you are a registered patient, you can complain about your own care. You are unable to complain about someone else’s treatment without their written authority, but we can provide you with a separate form to register your complaint which includes a third party consent form to enable a complaint to be made by someone else. You can provide this in your own format providing it covers all the necessary aspects.

Please ask the practice for a copy of our complaints leaflet for full details. It also includes information about how to complain on behalf of someone else. We hope that you will use our leaflet to allow us to look into and, where appropriate, put right any problems or mistakes that have been made.

You can make a complaint online via our secure online form below and direct your complaint to our Practice Manager, Jonathan Gayther:

Make a complaint

You can also complain in writing to Jonathan Gayther, Practice Manager at:

Didcot Health Centre
Britwell Road
OX11 7JH


If you are dissatisfied with the outcome

You have the right to approach the Health Service Ombudsman. The contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

You may also approach seAp for help or advice

If you feel you have not had the service you expected from the National Health Service and want to complain, the law says you have the right to have the support of an advocate.

seAp is the independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service that works closely with Healthwatch in this area.

Find out how seAp could help you on the seAp website