Feedback and complaints

We welcome constructive feedback from our patients: the positive, because it is encouraging to know what patients feel we do well, and the negative so that we can try our best to put it right.

If you wish you can email your message to us at

As well as the information on this page, we have an Easy Read guide to making a complaint which you can find by clicking here.


The Friends and Family Test (FFT) is an important feedback tool that supports the fundamental principle that people who use NHS services should have the opportunity to provide feedback on their experience. You can find out more about the Friends and Family Test here, and to leave feedback for us on the iwantgreatcare site go to where you will also find links to the feedback pages of individual doctors.


We always try to give you the best service possible, but there may be times when you feel this has not happened.

Most problems can be sorted out quickly and easily, often at the time they arise with the person concerned. Where you are not able to resolve your complaint this way and wish to make a formal complaint you should do so, preferably in writing, as soon as possible after the event and ideally within a few days. This helps us to establish what happened more easily.

We will acknowledge receipt within 3 working days, and aim to have looked into the matter within 10 working days. You may then receive a formal reply in writing, or you may be invited to meet with the person(s) concerned to attempt to resolve the issue. If the matter is likely to take longer than this we will let you know, and keep you informed as the investigation progresses.

For full details of what to do if you have a complaint please refer to our leaflet Didcot Health Centre Complaints Procedure. The leaflet includes information about how to complain on behalf of someone else. We hope that you will use our leaflet to allow us to look into and, if necessary, put right any problems or mistakes that have been made.

Copies of our leaflet and of the complaints form are also available from Reception.

f you are dissatisfied with the outcome

You have the right to approach the Health Service Ombudsman. The contact details are:

The Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman
Millbank Tower

Tel: 0345 0154033


You may also approach seAp for help or advice

If you feel you have not had the service you expected from the National Health Service and want to complain, the law says you have the right to have the support of an advocate. seAp is the independent NHS Complaints Advocacy Service that works closely with Healthwatch in this area.

To find out how seAp could help you visit their website:

by email to:
by phone:        0330 440 9000

The Practice Complaints Manager is:

Dr Jackie Mercer
Practice Manager
Didcot Health Centre
Britwell Road
Didcot  OX11 7JH